The most important milestones.
The path to success.
- 1919The story of success begins
The company MHB– Martin Hörter Baumbach is founded; production of clay pipes and clay pots at the Baumbach site
- 1950Red planting bowls are the trend of this period
The focus is on the production of planting bowls made of red clay. One bowl per year is newly developed in the years around 1950
- 1982A new era commences
Hörter Tonwarenfabrik GmbH is founded by Berthold Hörter
- 1984New production site
Expansion and relocation to the new production site with administration, production and warehouse in Ransbach-Baumbach; the most important product are white planting bowls. The fired red clay of the bowl was painted white.
- 1986Commissioning of the first powder-coating plant
Investment into the first powder-coating plant is the breakthrough for powder coating; a second plant follows in 1988
- 1991Investments in 3 new kilns take place in the period until 1998
Further development in production and capacity increase by the change from tunnel kilns to fast-firing kilns
- 1996The company premises are expanded
The company continues to expand and develop its premises; a second floor is added to the office building
- 1999The first industrial robot is taken into operation
The first computer-controlled industrial robot for filling kiln perforated plates takes up operation
- 2000First international container delivery
Early in the year, the first container load of Hörter Tonwarenfabrik GmbH is delivered international customers in America
- 2012Investment in production
Investment in another fast-firing kiln expands the capacity in production
- 2019Increase of the degree of automation
In summer 2019, all kilns will be equipped by robots only; this further increases the degree of automation.